Tuesday, July 1, 2008

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!.....and a girl's night out!

WOOOHOOOO! A gorgeous day and a holiday too. Canada is 141 years old today!!!!!!! LOL, we are big, influential and young hehehe! We speak French and English and everything else too. We are world travelers and ambassadors of peace and justice. So today I will sport the colours of red and white and walk proudly with a maple leaf sticker stuck to my hat.

Now on to a revelation I experienced last night. I decided it was time for a girls night out. So I hailed up my friend Lisa and we went out to a club last night. We met up with a few others and it was quite an interesting time for me. I used to be a part of club culture in this city (and I guess in this country). I was involved in hip hop and my friends were musicians. I also did promotions through a university group for functions which lead to getting involved in the club scene. I was part of an all-girl sound crew and met many other DJs and performers in that time. So with all this said, being that I haven't really been a part of the scene since I started dating my husband (and plus I was sour to the scene by then), I was not your typical club goer. I knew how things were done and when certain music would be played and the MC that was there was also someone I knew and haven't seen in a long time as well. But my goal was to spend time with my friends and enjoy some dancing. Well, not a whole lot of dancing was done as compared to my former 5 hour dance marathon (as the music that was played didn't catch my fancy at all......lotta "booty" music hehehehe), but I did get to see a few people I haven't seen in AGES and got to share a few laughs with my friends. I got home around 3am (LOL and my body was MAD at me.....I wasn't tired, but my body really wanted it's "repair" time) and I got to bed for 3:30am...........our baby was asleep in bed with daddy so I crawled in with my oldest and passed out . At 5am, he woke with a bleeding nose, we attended to it, and then went back to sleep. 6am my oldest woke up and went downstairs to join his dad and I woke up to give him his dinner from last night to eat (he passed out as I was dishing it out) and then I went back to bed with the baby. 7am my baby was having problems breathing as his nose was stuffed up and I helped to clear his nose........and UP we were. What was my revelation? I really needed a night away from my men (all 3), I really love the life I live now, I enjoy the level of strength and uniqueness I have as a result of the lifestyle choices I made, and although I was happy with what I had, I was never fully satisfied with the body being at a larger scale. It was foreign to me......I had difficulty getting dressed and knowing what I would want to wear and I was not fully comfortable.
Even now, being that my face has changed so much and so often over the course of the last 4 years, I have trouble recognizing myself. The face I see in the mirror is different from what I have ever had and I think that is why I haven't changed my hair since the year began (until now). My face used to change often when I was younger, but I was more accepting of the change (I would wake up with bigger eyes (from my thyroid) or bigger lips (no idea how that happened), so I am hoping to adapt to and accept this new face I see soon since everyone else gets to see it and know it as me.
Now off to get a good nap in before the fireworks tonight. Whoopee!

Tags: accept, celebrate, change, friends

No comments: