Monday, July 14, 2008

Day one off to a rocky start

Woohoo!
I woke up with a lot of energy I was feeling lean and focused on getting my first workout done.......LOL. That is what would have happened. Here's what has really happened.

Last night I didn't cook dinner and everyone was snacking away on something. So I had some leftover sweet potato and parsnips, some hummus and then hubby put in a movie, "Spiderman". As we are watching the movie we get to the scene where he wakes up after passing out the night before from the spider bite, looks in the mirror and he was all ripped. My DH goes, "That's what I want to look like!" He goes to rewind it and shows it to me. In my head I was thinking, ok, easy enough.....all he has to do is workout and cut the crap out of his diet. I crashed on the sofa with the kids all over me and then I finally got up and started bringing the kids to bed. I went to turn the fan on as it was warm and the fan was messed with ......I love kids for the fun they get into heheh. So after fixing the fan and getting the kids in bed, I hopped into bed. Then DH came to bed at the same time. Tossing and turning, and then he mentioned that he did some bench presses and wasn't able to do what he used to do (it's been over a year since he stopped working out) and that he should start a water diet. I thought he meant he should drink more water in the day. He meant to starve himself to get ripped. So I said "Well, let's start tomorrow." He set his alarm earlier and then it was a toss to get back to sleep. As I was drifting off , I realized that I needed to print off some info for him to read before we get into another discussion on nutrition and fitness as I am seriously concerned about what he might do to get the outcome he is looking for.

As I woke up (3 am) I was revving to go. I would get my workout in BEFORE he woke and then help him out with his workout. I had a little something and then chilled for a little bit. DOH! No chilling for me. I have to make breakfast for the kids so they are occupied while we work out, I needed to prep the fruit smoothie so it was ready for when we finished working out AND I needed to print off the info (TT book and nutrition info) and have that ready for my DH to read at work on his break etc. So the time for my workout rolls around (4 am) and my oldest is up asking for food and I haven't finished printing yet. Well, my hubby won't be waking up till 5 am so I can still squeeze in the workout. Well, from there the time flew by with prep and clearing the workout space, it was about 15 min to 5. Not enough time for me to get my workout in and I was getting hungry. SO I made DH's lunch and then he came down. Then my youngest starts to cry. He was up and fussing. I ran upstairs to put him on the potty and then back downstairs to get his breakfast. I got him all set up and then I was heading downstairs saying "Let's go" and he was not following. DH decided he will start tomorrow. ...................................................................................................yeah. I remember him saying something about wanting it, but not having the ambition, blah, blah, blah.......And I said, "Well, it's a matter of priorities. If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen." I handed him the booklet to read and then went to get breakfast.

See, I can look back on the events of this morning and laugh, but OH WELL! There is now an emphasis on the CHALLENGE part of the summer TC. I will be working out in about 30 min, but with an added edge to it ;). So here is to getting started despite the obstacles and with focus and determination on getting great results that will last!

Tags: challenge, going, keep, obstacles

2 comments:

Eye on the prize said...

Comment by Nisha on July 15, 2008 at 1:28pm
Delete Comment FACT: 3am is the middle of the night.....
FICTION: Elisa is a vampire?
FACT: The water diet is insane
FICTION: The water diet will work
FACT: Elisa has the stamina of a rhino and will kick butt on the challenge
FICTION: DH will beat her in the challenge (based on motivation in above blog)

Eye on the prize said...

Comment by Elisa on July 15, 2008 at 1:51pm
Delete Comment HAHA Nisha!
FACT: 3 am is after getting 6.5 to 7 hours sleep (which has been all my body has wanted lately), and my mind and body are on seperate clocks atm.
FACT: I am the opposite of a vampire. HAHA I wake with the sun and being that it's summer here in Northern Canada, the sun is up at 4am - ish.
FACT: A lot worse will happen to my DH if he starts a "water" diet....;)
FACT: I don't do fiction (anymore) hehehe.

And I have to wonder about my stamina as well. I think my drumming bunny has an awesome battery with no recharge necessary hehehe.
Thanks for the fun comment!