Sunday, July 20, 2008

Start of week 2.....Week 1 in review

Well, I have shared about my health issues before, but over the last few months have been extra challenging. At first, I thought I was pregnant, but as results would have it, that is not the issue. I am experiencing some major discomfort and spotting and it's getting worse each passing month. I'll be going to the doctor this week (LOL she'll really get to know me now) and I am hoping it's nothing too serious. Also my hubby is experiencing transition resistance (no mid-life crisis.....he's 27) and he is becoming a bowl of Jello under the pressure as he refuses to look for help. For those of us that have gone on the "find myself" voyage, this is what he is experiencing....coming into his manhood. He has reverted to beating himself up, cutting himself off, and now wants to escape it all (any advice would be greatly appreciated). So as I fight to be positive and focused, I can't help feeling very alone in my situation. I have talked with others and I know the situation is beyond their experience or understanding. I personally would ship him off to the Alaskan wild for a few months so he could "connect" with nature and God and be mentored by a dear friend of ours, but I need his help. I need his input. (LOL I need to win the Lotto....desperation speaking) I have been struggling with the idea of going back to work, but that would be very hard on me and my boys at this time. I had to leave my workplace on disability as the fragrance was crippling me and unfortunately it is everywhere. So my questions to myself are "How can I earn a sufficient income and still be at home for my boys and safe away from exposure to fragrance? What venue or talent can I use to do it? Who can I go to for help?"
I have had little sleep this week, but great revelations and mental connections. My mind has been sharp and I have been encouraged to share my thoughts here. Shoot at the stars.....or is it shoot for the stars....LOL was a blog that I read over again and am encouraged by remembering what God HAS done for me so far.

Now on to the TC. I am glad that this is a separate entity to itself. It's going great and it's been a week! Holly, you are a crazy lady, but your combos in this book are great. Hahaha....the super sets are really nice.....what great "burn" I had from my workouts. And my skin is all loose again! Nutrition wise, I thought I would try out the "diet" that came with the FYM system as I have a swimsuit goal that needs to be met in about 2 weeks LOL. I thought it would be on the difficult side, but with the online menu planner to help me track what I am doing, it has been super helpful. I'm going to be moving on to the Beginner workouts this week and I am excited. Week to week from this point on. I'll be done done week 12 JUST before Thanksgiving (Canada) and just over a week before my birthday. I should throw a party then!

Plans for this week....get ready for camping trip on Friday, study for my learners permit, and remain focused on the TC, my eating, my positive attitude and moving forward. OH, last but not least, encouraging my husband (anyone got skills with subliminal messages? heheheheh....jk).

Tags: challenge, progress

No comments: