Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunny days, melting the snow away........

After a vigorous brushing and cleaning yesterday I am actually looking forward to wearing more dresses this year. I have not been big on dresses even when I was a girl, but now I like the idea of wearing dresses and especially with my new shapely body......

After getting together with a group of my old school friends last night (some I haven't seen in about 10 years) to welcome in our friends' new baby girl, I walked away afterwards feeling really comfortable with myself. It is the best to be surrounded by a room full of people just happy to see YOU and your family and not being checked out and stared at. Having good friends is a great feeling. My family is always checking to see what size I am at. Because of what I now know is my thyroid issues, I was up and down in size, especially over the last 10 or so years. My closet has sizes 16 to size 1 and currently is a mess I am trying to sort out. I was always referred to as the "fat" one in my family. Relatives I never met were calling from other countries and asking how the fat one was doing. I am so glad I fought the idea of my family calling me fat. Hahaha, when my dad came back from his trip for his mother's funeral, he said that there were only 2 of us that were "round", me and my aunt (haha I don't recall her name....my dad has 7 sisters) and I just shook my head, and this was a month ago. As I was looking over the photos of me over the last few years, I was shocked at the size I was. But I am glad that at whatever size I was at, I had reached a comfort zone and was happy with who I was. Of course, not so comfortable that I didn't want change, but enough not to be bothered by what others say or thought about my size. Goodness, I was just glad to be ALIVE!


This was 7 months after the birth of our second son and Zion's 3rd birthday. I still had not healed completely yet after his delivery (I kept tearing), and I was still getting sick from our neighbour's smoking at the time, being that we share walls and everything seems to pass through (I am glad we have new neighbours now). But I was so happy to be alive and present for that birthday. And I am thankful that I set my goal then as being healthy for the sake of longevity, to have a life with my kids and my husband for as long as I possibly can.

No comments: