Monday, April 7, 2008

Hahaha,do you remember the days back in school when your friends would offer or share with you something that wasn't something good. Well my "peer" continually brings "treats" into the house and it is hard to keep me and the kids off of the stuff. After completing the ED (elimination diet), I, Elisa, was a sugar addict. From the days that my dad used to pour it over our cereal and then pour some in his mouth to baking for the holidays, I always had something to turn to. Now if it wasn't for the fact that refined sugars give me a bitter taste in my mouth, instant headaches and physical pain, it would probably be a bit harder to give up. And yesterday when my hubby got juice for the kids at a fast food outlet,I gagged on it and had to order water before my head exploded.

Thankfully, while on the ED, I also made the switch from fruits to more veggies as the "rush" I got from the fruit was a bit much to handle. But I still have a fruit protein smoothie after my workout on most days and the fruit bowl on the counter instead of the jar of jellybeans that lurks in the pantry. =D

No comments: