Thursday, April 10, 2008

New front on the junk removal

Last night we had been to service and while we were there my friend looked ill and she shared with me that she saw the naturopathic doctor and he said he liver was overtaxed. So he said she needs to eliminate caffeine, sugar, wheat, and dairy from her diet (sound familiar to anyone?). She already knew this, but was struggling with stopping as she shared with me last week. She sat at the same table with me and my husband and I think my hubby got to see how awful she felt, because afterwards we talked about why she was feeling ill. I told him why and also shared that I am a sugar addict and we discussed the effect of sugar on my energy level and on the kids. What an awesome discussion. He then concluded by saying if it makes you struggle so much, I just won't bring it in the house. And that, I must say, tastes sweeter than any sugar.

No comments: