Thursday, April 24, 2008

I know that I have been off my feet for the first part of the week, and also having quite the appetite. I had to resort to chewing on cinnamon sticks and seaweed paper.I've also felt bloated and my skin has kinda broken out (not used to bumps all over my face). I had a good and challenging workout yesterday, and ate well, having beef, with beets, broccoli, and mashed parsnips and potatoes and I was satisfied for the whole evening. But this morning came the missing link to the equation. I just haven't been feeling like I was getting enough and with the skin and bloating issues, I knew something was off. Well, I'm pretty regular in my bowel routine, but it was a little more regular than usual. I mentally tracked back through my meals this week and realized that the ribs I had on Sunday while out with friends for a birthday celebration probably had gluten (malt). I am thankful, that when I have wheat, I get a bitter taste in my mouth. But other forms of gluten I have to just avoid as I can't detect if I have it or not until I realized that it makes me really hungry and I take less than half the time for a meal to pass through my system. It's easy to avoid most "wheaty" places when eating out, but now I know that barbeque sauces should also be a concern for me as well (and worcestershire sauce too). We don't really eat sauces at home, but eating out can be hit or miss.

Anyone got a recipe for a barbeque "sauce"? I was thinking of using a roasted red pepper puree and creating my own, but I think I need more input when it comes to the other ingredients. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated =)

Tags: celiac, gluten, recipes

No comments: