Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Let me tell you, I am SO glad I am in the habit of a morning workout. I am a morning person. If a cartoon was to be made I would spring out of bed with a ray of light and shout, "Hurray for another day to get it right!!" and then run to the bathroom. I would bounce around like a rabbit cleaning the house, making breakfast, doing my workout, checking my email and talking to God along the way....all at the same time! (now that would be the noxious version my hubby would imagine as he is a night owl LOL) Reality is I wake up once in the middle of the night to put my younget back in his bed and then a washroom break and then struggle to have an empty mind so I can get more sleep. Then my mind (with a clock of it's own) wakes up and starts with busy thoughts of what to do and what I didn't do and what I could do......until I say 'fine' and get up. (I'm trying to get into the habit of focusing my thoughts into prayer instead,.....it's working great.) Conveniently, I wake up with enough time to get a workout in before the youngest and my hubby wake up. Not today.......But I didn't care......I got the bulk of my workout done first and then back upstairs for floor work and my personal challenge pushups......

(edit.....of the comments and conversation that followed), but after my hubby went to work, I finished off intervals with my son trying to copy me hehehe. We enjoyed breakfast and I was on my feet for most of the morning. Then for lunch we had leftover salmon, broccoli and quinoa ....yum.....however by snack time I felt ill and then my youngest exploded in his pants.......I guess the salmon was the culprit.....so now I feel gross and so does he.........many things just seemed not to fall into place today (childcare, scheduling....), but there were a lot of little highlights as well (seeing my sister and getting "new" stuff for the boys, getting my workout done...). Although looking at my day seems pretty regular, after the morning workout and breakfast, the day seemed to lack a certain energy that I am used to, which is more like the halfway point between the cartoon version and today's reality. It's days like these that end in a lull or funk where I find myself snacking and looking for that "something" in the cupboards. In a way I am glad I am ill as I know I am tired and I used to eat to stay awake to mind the kids. I was actually inspired to share my day after reading Renee's blog about her pizza experience. I think going over my mindset and where I am at before I dig down the place for "comfort" is a good way to put the brakes on my old ways, and embrace my "new" habits. I want results, regardless of an off day, or insults and negative comments, or lack of support from a loved one, or illness, or crazy kids, or plans not working out, or fatigue....I want to reach my goals. I want to be able to wake up TOMORROW and say "Thank you God for another day!!" and start over and start new, fresh, clean, beyond what I was yesterday and be on point, and getting it right in a new day. See you tomorrow, ladies!

No comments: