Thursday, September 25, 2008

LOL I'm not a packrat, I am just in transition

What a revelation to have! Although revelations tend to arise out of realizing something wrong or off-tilt in your life, but so be it. If it can help pave the way to change, then bring on the revelation!

I have been on the move and in transition for over 10 years! In university I had a few sparse items.....a futon (for a sofa), a desk my dad gave me for Christmas, a dresser, a couple filing cabinets and a trunk. I had a toaster (which I still have today LOL poor thing) and that was about it (and my fabric collection).....a few items to set up my new home when I was ready to move out......well after getting kicked out I had a rapid move into a house with a friend. My job bombed and the utility costs went up 200 percent that year and I was done. Little to no income (and mentally frozen) No moving back option given, I moved some of my stuff into storage and then moved in with my boyfriend (now my hubby). With a suitcase and a few household items (again, brought the toaster), we were together in a bachelor basement suite. 300 sq ft of prime livin', baby! HA! Separated from the stuff I had and no way to really sort through it, it stayed where it was, in storage. Then we moved into 2 bedrooms in an house, sharing the rent with a friend and again, stuff stored at a distance. Our situation temporary, and our friend pretty much had the place furnished with hand me downs, we had what we needed in the space. After getting notice that the house was for sale and we were to move, we rented a 2 bedroom basement suite with our new arrival, our first son. DH began selling computer parts and other items he picked up at auctions to supplement our income as I was now at home with our son. We weren't planning on staying long and long did not happen either. After a messy legal situation, we ended up putting our stuff in storage and living with my parents......eventually we ended up in the condo (a.k.a. flip) that we live in today. We are not settled yet into the space we need as we are in need of a workshop (garage) based on our talents and trade.

We are in transition. Everyday I go through the stuff we have and toss or donate something......I guess with each little piece I am hoping that we will actually fit into doing or being something else. The advantage of it all is that we didn't let the little bit of space affect how we would grow with business and with having and being a family. But now it is getting to be too much. It is time to be making full use of the talents that were given to us. To do the things we are able to do in the space required. It is obvious it is time to move on to being settled FINALLY!

So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers, as with very little time and assistance, we are feeling a bit discouraged. All I can do is have hope and keep on moving.

P.S. Although I have shared this blog with the community, it is a flow-thought process (organizing my thoughts).

No comments: