Sunday, September 21, 2008

SO, it's that time again.....Dax has put out another Elimination Diet challenge starting tomorrow!

This is how it began the last time. I got an email challenging me to start the Elimination Diet and this was after posing a few personal questions to Dax himself. I knew if I didn't do it, I had no real excuse as to answer him with. For 28 days all I had to give up was sugar, dairy, preservatives in processed foods, caffeine, and using a microwave. That was all I had left in my diet to give up haha. I only had a couple days to make the change in pantry so I could start on a Monday. Well, I haven't been reading my emails as I should've been and now it starts tomorrow. Can I do it? No microwave, just a toaster oven. Can I cut out the caffeine (hmmm, no chocolate in the house)? Can I cut out the cheese ( I haven't bought cheese for weeks....)? Can I cut out the preservatives in the processed foods (all I have is hummus)? How about the sugar (ok.....there has got to be.......nope)? LOL, so with even less in my pantry to worry about than the last time I started and with even MORE support (I wasn't in ClubFYM until after the ED last time) and with the last stretch of the STC can I do this? What excuses do I have? I just had my anniversary meal yesterday and that's why I didn't start when I got back from my in-laws..........
LOL I am starting RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Bring on the challenge BABY!!!!!


Now of course, keeping in mind that I am celiac and don't eat wheat and have other food allergies and sensitivities that leaves me to eat a pretty clean diet, it would make a pretty simple start or go of it for 21 days of elimination and then the week of re-intro, but if life gets crazy and hairy and I do make the choice to stray from the strict ED plan, I know that I am still putting my best foot forward with it and giving it a go. I know what to keep in mind when I am doing the ED, and for the most part I like to say that I did it! But when it comes down to the reality of it, I will also keep in mind that I eat supportively first (live, whole foods) and the Elimination diet is a form of detox for my body (and less toxins has lead to less cellulite) so my choice if for giving my body another boost to do it's best!

So for breakfast this morning, leftover steel cut oats and chicken breast with broccoli. LOL I know it sounds like dinner, but if I could eat eggs, it would all get mixed into an omelet. I'll be posting again in The Elimination Diet Group recipes or foods that I find as I experiment again with foods from around the world. I'm not sure which country or part of the world I will explore this time, but it should be interesting.

Tags: challenge, detox, elimination

No comments: