Friday, September 19, 2008

In the move.........Week 10 review

Last night I went to a mixer with other women and the focus was on a financial venture. The friend who invited me hadn't seen for a year (we later figure it out) and said "WOW GIRL!! You lost weight!! You are back to your university size." I guess the last time I saw here I was in a size 16 and now I am in a 4-6, so it is quite the difference. And it was the size I was at in University and I also weight trained then as well. My training was very similar to how the FYM system is. I weight trained 3 times a week with my male friends and then I would do my sisters track workout a couple days a week with her. My bone structure was different then as there are a few pieces of clothing I have that I will not be getting back into, but I am glad to know that being a mommy has transformed me in ways I couldn't imagine. I found out an interesting fact that our bones completely change after 7 - 8 years of growth. So if I count it back, since I have been with my husband I have grown into a new woman all the way through LOL. And it makes me want to promote the best growth for the next 7 - 8 years and beyond (I am big on evolution hahaha).

This weekend will mark 8 years together with my hubby and I am grateful. Although this last week has not been the best and he has chosen to get distant again, I can still take the time to reflect on what we have grown in and how we can grow more together in the years to come.

Motivation has been on a low point for me to do anything this week and it has been painful to watch myself in this. It's good sometimes to get to the lows so you can reach out for help and come out of it stronger than what you were before, but it's kind of like getting your feelings hurt at the same time. There may have been a better way to do it, but it was the way that was chosen and it's better just to make the most of the situation. I decided to take a new step and find a new resource to help put in my head the principles that will lead to a new stage of development in our lives. I sought out Jack Canfield and I will be purchasing (when I budget it in) a book to sit down and go through, The Success Principles. I need a new outlook on familiar information to bring it to light and to the surface again.

As for exercise, this week I have been on the walk (and running for the bus). Here and there and everywhere! I got in a lot of walking and running and my body is telling me so heheh. I have been trying to get my son to the school bus on time, but they shifted the time and the adjustment has been a touch frustrating. So today, myself and the other mom are going to confirm the time with her once again and state that if she could wait until such specified time for our children to board if she happens to be early. On Wednesday I had very little sleep and I am still recovering from it today. I plan on jumping in and doing as much of an Intermediate workout B as I can since I know I had put myself on back burner mode and everyone has been thrown right off by it. When I don't care, no one does. So I need to crank it for everyone's sake. I did manage to get a few more things out of the way, so now I do have a space to workout in, but it was a fight to get that space hahah.

I was so encouraged on Wednesday by the call with Jennifer Nicole Lee and I would LOVE to meet her and sit and talk with her sometime. So I am saving my money and making plans to be ready to meet with my favorite fitness friends (I am hoping for that FYM retreat and if not, I am just going to have to drop in to Elizabethtown, KY looking for lodging hahahah). I want to look fit and tight, but also be on the road to success in other areas of my life by then as well, so I will have more to share. So keep moving forward and onward to a better version of yourself each day and before this Summer Transformation Challenge ends, I am beginning a new phase and goal for the journey I am on.

Tags: active, modify, nutrition, supportive, walk

No comments: