Thursday, September 4, 2008

I want to thank the true loves in my life

If you visit my page, you will notice that you have entered my FYM love zone! I am a romantic and a HUGE advocate of love in general. With one of my anniversaries coming up soon, I am thinking of ways to enjoy it fully. Now why did I say one of my anniversaries? Because my relationship with my husband has some huge, significant dates that I wish to acknowledge.

September 21st
- In 2000, it was not only the first "unofficial" date that we had, but it was also the day I vowed to God to marry him (LONG story, but a good one......)
- In 2002, we had a wedding ceremony that was beautiful and renewed our commitment to on another.

November 7th
- 2001, we were married in a small civil ceremony in a dimly lit garden in front of the waterfall. Our lives together began legally that day.

December 9th
- 2001, we were baptized, one after the other to become disciples of Jesus Christ and make another life long vow with God as our witness (and a room full of friends, and my mom and little sister).

And back to the topic of enjoying my anniversary this year.....On the topic of SEX (I am a married woman and it is my right and privilege haha), I thought I had mentioned it sooner (must have been on someone's page or PM) being that I was a youth coordinator with a health committee promoting safe sex and teaching AIDS 101 to teens and peers (was in University). So I spoke of it openly with many people. I even got to meet and discuss with Sue Johanson at a forum at my University the work I was doing (She really loves the topic). Also in high school, I had a friend that was very interested in the ancient techniques and philosophies surrounding sex. I learned a lot such as Kama Sutra speaks a lot about the roles of men and women where as the Chinese texts describe the therapeutic benefits. And I must say, we got the jump on the topic and info before it became popular in Cosmo hahahaha. But from the info I have come across, I find that fostering intimacy has been the key to a good relationship. Getting to know deeply and share vulnerably and openly has been applicable to all relationships, not just the "sexual" one between me and my hubby. Intimacy is a strength and distinguishing between the "high" of intimacy and the "warm fuzzies" that come with sex (or sexual attraction) takes a level of awareness. Being "in" the moment takes on a big meaning and importance. Conscious behaviour and being aware of the details of what we do and why we do it really adds fullness and control to what we do and helps to make it that much more enjoyable.

I have an intimate relationship with my husband, my parents, my dear friends, my children, my own body and my God. Now there are things I enjoy passionately, but I cannot say that it is an intimate relationship since the other side of it is not getting to know me deeply or is vulnerable with me. Like food. I can passionately enjoy the taste, the texture, the after taste and the feeling of the food entering my system, but I don't think the food is feeling the same way. So I take it more as a passionate moment shared between me and my body. In that, I am focused on how my act of taking in the food affects my body and how it makes me feel. I try and pay attention to HOW I make my body feel. With this being September, I can say that this is not only a time to celebrate the relationships in my life, but also reflect on how I have improved the intimacy of those relationships as well.

Almost a year ago, I decided to become more intimate in my approach to my body and with the help of Holly and the info she provided and that I chose to use, I have developed a loving, deeper relationship between me and my body and in turn with everyone else around me (Thanks again Holly). I get to go into this 7th year of marriage and 8th year together with my husband with health, and depth and everyone will benefit. How intimate is that?! And I can say that I will enjoy more physically this year than the last as I am filled with more energy, knowledge and wisdom and am more able to move too.

So to the relationships in my life, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Tags: anniversary, intimacy, love

1 comment:

Eye on the prize said...

Comment by Holly Rigsby on September 4, 2008 at 11:01am
Can you hear me screaming at the computer! YOU ARE SO dang LOVELY!
Thank you for sharing these photos!
What a beautiful wedding day!!!!!!

Your celebrations are so dear!

And your views of intimacy are so true!!!!
I am SO proud of you on so many levels.
Thank you for sharing so much of YOU!