Sunday, June 15, 2008

Heart break........Ignorance is not bliss

Packing is a great way to get final with a situation. Not just putting stuff in a box and setting it aside, but looking at items and knowing that you will see them again in a new location.

We had family drop by yesterday evening. My hubby's Aunt and Uncle who are truck drivers and they were passing through town and my dad (hahah just in time for Father's day encouragement). Our first visitors came bearing treasures from a recent purge of my DHs grandmother's things. She has Alzheimer's and is in a home now. I know these items are dear to his family and have some memories as well and I think it is sweet that they thought to give them to us, but MAN, where am I going to put this stuff. I need a spot to put all the gifts from our families that are intended to just SIT there LOL. BUT we will get to that when we unpack them into a new place. My dad brought up the fact that he hates moving after our other visitors left and my hubby replied that he is surprised we haven't moved on in a while. That confirmed it for me. Start packing. It's an opportunity to get rid of what you don't need and I am going to jump on it this time.

As I wake with a migraine again (it is now daily for me and my hubby) and knowing I have done everything I can to resolve the matter of mold toxins that have been plaguing the health of me and my family, the power to resolve the issue rest in one phone call and not from me. You see, yesterday my heart was broken. And as I type it may come out to the reason why. I have been going after getting a mold issue to be fixed in our condo and not just for myself, but for the benefit of the health of my neighbours as well. It is just ONE LITTLE FIX. Costing no more than $50 and taking no longer than a day to complete. THAT'S IT! This one little fix however may cost a few families their health (and I am not sticking around to possibly not wake up one morning) and already $1000 dollars worth of attention, and in the end, it is NOT getting fixed. I think I felt so sad yesterday because one person felt that they could not make change and stand up for themselves and all they have to do is go that one last step. A phone call. She quit. She stopped with her toes on the edge on the finish line and chose not to bring her other foot forward to win the race. Not only that, but has turned around running in the opposite direction. I'm still overwhelmed by the choice.

The only comparison I have is from the movie, "The Matrix". When the guy betrays his crew to try and return to the matrix as he no longer wanted to live as he was. He wanted to return to ignorance and enjoy the "bliss" of not knowing. Once you know the truth and have fought for it, you can not return to not knowing it. For me, it is easier to fight for life then to risk death. That is my constant motivation (and I think sometimes I wish it wasn't, but that is the truth I have to live by). I can't return to the matrix and be "plugged" back into ignorance. And watching a family get seriously ill, knowing that they know how to have it fixed and that they choose not to hurts me. I can understand that she is not willing to pay the price of "discomfort" or having to move (although they have to move soon anyways), but I know that my choice would be to guard the health of my child at all costs (her daughter is getting really ill from this). Again, my request is prayer as I focus on how we are going to sell this place, and what we will be moving into. Also, that many of you have chosen to discover the truth in regards to your health and being truly "fit" in all areas of your lives. It is easier to keep moving forward, than to quit. It is better and easier to be healthy than to not be healthy. And don't stop if you think it's too hard.....although the future is unknown, it can be wonderful. We all go to sleep expecting to wake up the next day and moving forward for the better is no different. We don't know what each day holds, but it's ALWAYS an opportunity to do better than what we have done before. Quitting, stopping or running in the opposite direction of where you want to go won't help you to wake up the next day. Life continues regardless. Make each day worth living. It's too wonderful to not appreciate to its fullest.

Have a great and blessed day!

Tags: fight, forward, health, keep, life, moving, quit

5 comments:

Eye on the prize said...

Comment by Libby on June 17, 2008 at 8:10am
Quitting, stopping or running in the opposite direction of where you want to go won't help you to wake up the next day. Life continues regardless. Make each day worth living. It's too wonderful to not appreciate to its fullest. - that there just says it all for me. You are such an inspiration to me, always, and so encouraging on my journey to....somewhere. I will definately pray for you for a positive outcome to this terrible situation. Positive thoughts, though I don't have to tell you, creates a positive situation. Hang in there girly. You and your family are in my prayers!

Eye on the prize said...

Comment by Marloes Aitcheson on February 22, 2009 at 10:14am
Elisa,
Thank you for sharing this with us!
I am sorry to hear what you are going through and for those around you as well!
I LOVE what you have written...so inspirational! YES, if we know the truth we cannot go back!!
I am thinking of you and your family...much luck as you pack up your things and move on to what will be a better place for your family!

Eye on the prize said...

Comment by Kim on February 22, 2009 at 10:27am
Elisa - so sorry for what you're going through! I have know people in similar situations with toxic mold and it is awful. I hope you're out of there as soon as possible so you and your family can be healthy again. What you have written about not returning to ignorance is so on point - we can never go back to who we were before, because that knowledge has changed us. Take care of yourself and keep us posted! Hope your darling little boys are well!

Eye on the prize said...

Comment by Shannon on February 22, 2009 at 10:39am
Elisa, one of my favorite verses is "You will know the truth, and it will set you free." It's such a beautiful thought, but I suppose that freedom can feel scary sometimes because it's full of the unknown. We have to trust in ourselves and in God to give us the wisdom and strength we need to deal with the new things we encounter as we make changes. Blessings to you and your family as you work toward finding a new home.

Eye on the prize said...

Comment by Selene Vega on February 22, 2009 at 2:16pm
Elisa, I love the Matrix analogy! I am always so confused and sad when people would rather just hide their heads in the sand, would rather go back to ignorant "bliss." I just don't understand it! Give me the painful truth any day - then I can at least evaluate how I want to handle it, what I can and can't do, how I will respond. If I go into denial, then I have NO control whatsoever. So glad to hear that things are finally moving for you on this!