Saturday, June 7, 2008

I've been under the weather for most of the week it seems (although only since Tuesday) and these few days reinforced the fact that I much prefer to be healthy, alert, and feeling great. Who wouldn't if they truly knew what it feels like. I have had very little appetite, less energy, and feeling unmotivated in some areas of my life. I did manage to direct the energy I did have into other activities such as doing laundry and cleaning my house (Thanks to listening to Jan and Holly's call LOL.......nothing like someone telling you it is really simple to get you motivated hehehe. )
This morning I had a meditation session and towards the end I felt this swirling feeling. Like I was the water-going-down-a-drain kind of feeling. It was quite intense, and when I finished, my boys started to wake up. I just felt such a connection this morning and realized that my week, although I was sick, was encouraging for those around me as I took a step back from "gettin' it done" and chilled and talked and spent time with others. Definitely almost the opposite of the week I had prior. It was different that's for sure.
Yesterday I went shopping with a friend of mine from University. I haven't seen her in 2 years and she is now pregnant (very exciting). Now that I think of it, she was single the last time I saw her as well.....She is an advocate for change and growth and it was an encouraging time together. Also I bought a pair of wide legged khakis (best way to describe them) and they were a size 6. I didn't even try them on. At $5 I was just going to buy them and try them at home (plus my friend bought the boys balls and they were all over the place with them LOL). When I got home, I tried on the pants and they just slid on LOL. I was so excited. I know that my skinny jeans fit me now (and I mean traditional fit size 8, gap from over 10 years ago, no stretch skinny jeans), but it was nice to put on something with a touch of stretch and they feel so comfy. Perfect for the summer.
My goal for this coming week is to crank it (aunt flo is visiting,.....gotta keep it intense LOL), and to eat more veggies than I did this week. Also, I want to continue working on organizing the basement and clearing more stuff out. I managed to reclaim the office space (which is a part of our living room) so now time to file or shred and get the tools sorted and organized so we can use the 15 tape measures and 10 hammers we have when we need them LOL.
Anyways, gonna give working out a go today as I really feel the need to.

Have a great day and weekend!

Tags: change, encourage, out, routine, sick, working

No comments: