Monday, May 12, 2008

And I look GREAT!

Over the last week I felt that I put on weight and was rounding out in certain areas.....I figured with the added stress, and toxins I have been dealing with, that I was just experiencing the bloating as my body tries to protect itself. I figured if I just keep at it, that when this stress on my body passes, I will see what work I have put in and reap the rewards of a positive attitude, hard work and discipline. I made adjustments to how I ate and cut out a little fat and honey (until I baked on Saturday........I think I will treat every Mother's day weekend as a long weekend from now on......that was fun), drank more water and stay as active as possible. I lost an inch or two, but I admit, since a couple months ago, I had a more emotional warning as to when I was expecting "company" and for some odd reason I haven't been keeping track of my cycle until the day it starts.

This morning I realized that my monthly visitor came without even calling first. Second month in a row! This used to be the norm for me (short or no warning at all), but for the last year or so I experienced the "pleasure" of PMS and got to understand to some degree, what everyone was talking about. But I am excited that not only has it started without warning, but my skin is loose this morning as well, and it's also my favorite week of the month to go hard in my workouts and go for the extra. I like working out when I am having cramps and I have done it for most of my life and when the week is done, I can see the results of my harder workouts. I am usually more toned and may even weigh less and have inches lost as well. And this week is also the week my hub is going to be working long hours, so I will have more time to be active and out during the day as well. Today worked out as a prep and a day 'off" from working out, and we will be walking to the grocery store to get groceries soon and it's GORGEOUS outside! Do I sound excited?! HAHAH, well I am. And I must say, I may be one of few, but this is one of my favorite times each month. I feel like I am extra-productive during this time (diverted energy I guess), and I enjoy it. I am a believer in positivity yielding productivity and with my week off to a great start, I am looking forward to getting a lot done.

Well, off to get groceries. Have a great day!

Tags: benefits, friend, monthly, pms, positive, productive

No comments: