Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I recently had a conversation with my DH and I realized it is VERY important to be interested in the people you surround yourself with. To know the details of what makes them tick, to understand what makes them tick, and to know about their dreams, passions, likes, dislikes and what makes them smile.

My children seek to know me. I am humbled and brought to tears about how much my children have CHOSEN to know about me. They are 3 and 5!! They know what I eat and do not eat, they know that I love to dance and play sports, they know my favorite color and the foods I love. They know my values.....that I believe in being kind and loving, protective and nurturing, wiping tears from their faces when they cry. They wipe my tears, they dance with me, they offer to cook me dinner (HAHA), and they strive to make me happy. Their example of love in my life has set a new standard for me and for those around me.

So I wrote a blog on my blog page about who I am as a person describing the things I do, feel, and love. I wrote it as though I was standing beside myself and sharing about me to someone else who I would want to know me.

Of recent, I have been reading and realizing that to really know someone is to love someone. So, I just wanted to share that I know and love many of you here. I am interested in your lives, your likes and dislikes. I have compassion for the struggles you experience and I wanted to thank you for allowing me to grow as a person from the inside out.

Thank you=D.


Elisa

No comments: