Thursday, January 29, 2009

This morning I was draggin' my butt.....no set plan in mind for working out as my mind has been focused elsewhere. Then I stopped myself in my own tracks and went to it. I cranked it and as I was doing my intervals and listening to the songs on my page and looking at the pics as I was going I realized that my 2008 self would kick my 2009 self in the butt when it comes to working out and enjoying the challenge it brings.

I realized that I am my OWN motivation! Not wanting to let the best version of me down when I approach anything in life. Last year was no excuses when it comes to working out and this morning I gave it a go in honour of the self that brought me to this point in the first place. I will live the example that I want in my life and that I have in my life and I will honour those who have helped me to this point and pay it forward.

After 13 years of putting off getting my learner's permit I finally hit that goal and got it yesterday (with my kids in tow and fighting while I wrote the knowledge test HAHA). I would not trade those 13 years for anything or the experience of bringing my kids to a moment in my life that would bring another example of going after what you need or want regardless of the situation. So no more slack for me.....I have people watching and waiting for me to succeed.

John 5:1-8

Tags: do, it, motivation, workout

No comments: