Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"You can't always get what you want......
But if you try sometimes you'll find, you get what you need." This was the original title, but I have gained so much more over the last 12 weeks, I needed a more celebratory title.

I have been places that were not truly understood until recently. Having gone to weights and sizes I could never have imagined myself at (and I don't think I really did) and, although for a temporary time, I feel it was a needed experience to bring me to a new level of who I am to become as a woman. I actually had to FIGHT for my shape and EDUCATE myself on how to eat and live better for myself and others around me. Who would have thought that I would be able to share such a battle to be won with so many wonderful women. I even walked up to a lady who I have noticed around the neighbourhood (as she looks very fit) and she shared she had come from a similar struggle and is just trying to find her way to a better version of herself as well.

What confidence to be had from a battle fought and won. What wisdom to be gained from the knowledge we have armed ourselves with. What an example to become of perseverance, strength, endurance, and beauty from making the choices that inspire change in not just ourselves, but the world around us. We walk through our journey of improving the life we live and in turn, people cheer us on and see the glow of success even though we may not see it ourselves. We are victorious no matter how small we think our battle was.

I came into this challenge for a number of reasons that didn't specifically involve something for me to accomplish physically. My number one reason was to give the support to Holly by finally owning my own copy of the Fit Yummy Mummy 16- week lifestyle system. I had not gotten the program in the first place as I was making use of all the resources she had already provided me upon signing up for the newsletter just over a year ago. But after months of trying to put it together myself I finally read the full page and made the purchase of the e-book (LOL,always helps to read the full page....never know what it will say towards the end =D). I am grateful that through finding her I was able to achieve the changes I was looking for. She has put together a wonderful,efficient, and simple program and for the cost of a month at the gym, I have something to use for a lifetime.

Second, I joined the Summer transformation challenge in support of my fellow fit yummy mummies. You see, many had been hesitant to join and I gave my word that I would travel the journey with them this summer and enroll in the Summer Transformation Challenge. I am overwhelmed with excitement to see all the great successes my sisters here have accomplished through this challenge and how much just 12 weeks has changed their lives.

And then it comes back to me. What did I want out of going through the Summer Transformation Challenge? To continue.....confidently into my future and to enjoy the surprises that would be before me as I stood by the supportive nutrition and progressive workouts to accomplish a fitter, healthier, yummier version of myself. I wanted to continue to grow as an example of health, fitness, love, positivity, perseverance and discipline to my hubby, my boys, my friends, and my extended family and I did that in ways I could not even imagine. I grew in my relationships with the women in ClubFYM and in my emotional and mental growth I helped to inspire others in their journeys. I couldn't have asked for more........but I did get more than I expected. I never imagined losing 10 pounds and to get even slimmer and trimmer than I was. I was happy with where I was at, but I am overjoyed at where I have come to now. Life has been full of challenges to itself, but I know because of it, I have grown tremendously. I had a plan of action, but I did my best instead of doing my plan to perfection and it saved my sanity and helped me to reach my goals and beyond, regardless of what situation was presented.With just having the FYM workouts as my routine, I have gone further than I could have imagined. I was surprised to see myself after each week, and even at the end of the challenge, I still have yet to grasp the results. The supersets made my day as I kept thinking that Holly had a little evil grin on her face as I pushed through (can we say uhem....muscle awareness HAHAHA....I LOVE it!). I am tighter and less "squishy", and stronger....a FIT Yummy Mummy!

July 10, 2008
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 151 lbs
Chest: 41"
Arm: 12"
Waist: 30.5"
Belly (Abdomen): 34"
Hips: 38.5"
Thighs: 24”L, 23.5”R

October 5, 2008
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 141 lbs .................difference of 10 lbs
Arm: 11" ..........................difference of 1"
Waist: 28.5" .......................difference of 2"
Belly (Abdomen): 31" .................difference of 3"
Hips: 37"...........................difference of 1.5"
Thighs: 22"L, 22"R ........................difference of 2"L, 1.5"R

What I have learned over the last 12 weeks is that you choose to make the most of the resources around you. You are the only one inside your head (hopefully) and your goals and what motivates you is ultimately coming from within you, but you can also choose to take the help of others and share your journey, and theirs, along the way. Accountability is an important part of success and growth. And when others have faith in what you are capable of, it helps you to have faith in yourself. The support is paramount for me, from myself and others, it is nice to know that others care enough for you to do well and to help you stay on your feet when you feel you have lost the strength and will to continue. Although in the end we chose to walk this journey with others or all by ourselves, imagine how much sweeter is the victory and how much more powerful the impact in every step we take when we continue to do it together.

Thanks be to God for answering my prayers and bringing me to the change in myself I was looking for. I got exactly what I need and more.

No comments: