Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SO I found a farm for organic beef, and meat and I was all ready to make a big order when we sold our home and then something funny was happening. Could I be pregnant? I felt a fluttering among other symptoms and I figured I may be expecting. A friend of mine was going through the same thing and they figured as much as well. As it turned out both of us were not and even better, something had changed with my cycle......longer and heavier. I figured it was fibroids as it runs in my family. I looked up ways of dealing with it and it turns out that not much is known but what they do know is that red meat encourages growth. UGH!! My favorite is Triple A Alberta beef and game. I love my beefy recipes and with the allergies and sensitivities I already have, I was not looking to add more. OH WELL! I said YES to keeping my uterus and NO to the amount of red meat I used to consume.

I just had another ultrasound and yeah......my suspicions were correct. We will see what the doctor has to say, but I have the support of other women who have experienced the same, my mother, who lives with them and my neighbour, who had a hysterectomy because of fibroids and endometriosis. Another motivating factor to stick to FYM hehehe....supportive and back to basics nutrition and consistent workouts.

Tags: beef, fibroid, health

No comments: