Saturday, October 18, 2008

How DARE they call this recipe healthy!

Ok, so I am looking to make a chocolate cake for my birthday, but I am putting it off a bit as I had a bit more of my experimenting with a apple cranberry crisp this week and I came across a headline in my email. It reads "Guilt-Free Birthday Cake: Second helpings are not a sin with this Die-and-Went-to-Heaven Chocolate Cake."

So I clicked the link for the recipe. First ingredient is all-purpose white flour...next is white sugar and then a white icing with confectioners' sugar.

So where is the healthy part? It meets certain "guidelines"....
Low Calorie
Low Sat Fat
Low Sodium
Heart Healthy

I was hoping to see the inclusion of some pureed veggies or something, but it's just a regular cake recipe (it had 2 eggs and those were healthy hehe).

So I am going to make use of this HUGE zucchini that I got from my friend and make a chocolate zucchini cake or something like that. I will use chickpea flour instead of white flour and not sure on the sugar part (combo of stevia and agave with a few bananas perhaps),but I usually cut it down by half of what the recipe calls for.

Nothing like experimenting with recipes and making the changes needed to suit your lifestyle. Now I am out to make another good and "healthy" chocolate cake (my other recipe is a chocolate coleslaw cake) hehehe.

No comments: