Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ok, I decided I would try out some info I came across to confirm if it will work for me or not. I woke up early before my children and decided that since I "missed" my workout yesterday as I chose to get the rest I needed after a fulfilling, but draining weekend, I would jump first thing into a workout today. I had a glass of juice and was going to get to it. Then my oldest woke up. Got him breakfast (hemp granola, plain yogurt and a few goji berries) and then headed to my workout. I jumped in after a quick warm up and I felt I was cranking. Actually I realized I wanted heavier weights cuz I counted past 12 in the set. I did a quick check to find out the store across the road would be getting a visit from me soon since I couldn't see any DBs on the site. Then my youngest woke up....put him on the potty (woohoo #2), got him cleaned up and sat him down for breakfast and went back to my workout. At this point I was thinking, "Well that sucks! It's well past 15 min and I am SURE I used up all the energy running around not focused on just getting my workout done." So I jumped back into the second set and I pulled off the first set, but at the end of it, I was waning at the end of it. Started into the second set and my oldest came down chatting at me and asking questions, trying to show me stuff......and yeah! Annoyed, out of energy, and lacking in focus, I let it be done at the end of the second set. I figured since I would be heading downtown to run an errand for the hubby, I could get the intervals in as I ran for the bus, as usual. Hubby noticed something missing on what I was going to turn in for him, so he had to get that taken care of (out goes the interval session).
What did I learn? I am STICKING to having my full breakfast first thing in the morning, and THEN I will proceed with my workout with a bigger window of opportunity to get my workout in....I'm a mom after all. I noticed I have a lot less frustration and a lot more focus after having a proper breakfast. My recommendation, go to bed at night with having had a decent dinner, have a good breakfast in the morning, and post-workout meal is not negotiable, especially as a mom =D.


Elisa

No comments: