Sunday, November 16, 2008

Can I kick it? Yes I can.....Can we do it? Yes we can....Pt.2

I like who I am. I may not be pleased with all that I do, but I choose to keep refining myself so that I can like what I do and continue to enjoy the decisions I make and the person I am.

If you haven't used the goal setting resource available on this site or in the beginning of the FYM e-book, then I recommend to make good use it. I have many goals in life that are not only focused on health, fitness, and nutrition. I also strive to grow as a parent (it never really ends), to grow in my relationships with my husband, friends, and family. And I want to share my artwork, writings and life with others. However, I have felt that I lack focus and direction (LOL and finances) to achieve success in a couple areas of my life. I have continued accountability from my church family (and God) for parenting and marriage (as well as personal spiritual growth). SO I needed to find the outside eye, that could look at what I have to offer (my talents and passions) and help mold it into something that not only gets shared on a larger scale than inside my home, but can benefit me and my family as well. I got an email in my inbox for a free consultation and I filled it out. Why not? What do I have to lose? I received a call and preliminary interview and was approved for going on to the next level of interview. They encouraged that I have my husband involved in the decision making process and I fully agreed. So I sent him the assignment we were to prepare beforehand and then discussed what my situation and intent was AND that he was booked to be present for the interview. He wasn't taking it seriously or giving it much thought (and we have been at this point before) and I thought many successful woman made it without the support of their spouse (or their spouse at all as many ended up divorced....), so my nudge for his presence involved a bit of sharp elbow and pierced lip (wasn't leaving him out of my dreams.....to death do us part =D).

We got the call the next morning after a quick rush to finish the assignment and a little more elbow, and it was HUGE! The impact from that interview has made waves for a brighter future. How did it turn out? Well, coaching isn't cheap and my finances aren't at the level at which would help fund my possibility for being coached by Jack Canfield and associates HAHAH (I aimed big =D), but if it wasn't for my minor bank account,I would have been a great candidate for coaching, or as I later referred to it, swimming with the big fish. So I may be a little fish right now, but my appetite is huge and I am a good swimmer ;D.

My husband went off after the call was over. It was AWESOME!! He jumped right on the problem solving wagon and started breaking down what I wanted to do into little bitty pieces. He put in his input and just kept running at the mouth about how to make it possible. LOL it made me realize that we can really come out of ourselves into the different levels of our relationship. He was not talking to me as a loving husband, but as a friend that I had bounced an idea off of him. I had to grit my teeth and sort through what was being said in order to take away, without bias to tone and presentation, to get to the info I needed to hear and wanted to hear. Again, HUGE impact that call was. My goal achievement has broken through it's plateau and is on the move again, but to maintain the forward momentum, I need to keep my eyes open at ways I can grow more and do better and get input from those who have achieved success around me.

So the call is going out to anyone who has ideas to share as I am a sponge for info now (got an ocean theme going on....can you tell I am excited about my upcoming trip??) as I am hungry for continuing on full steam ahead, gobbling up success and living out my dream as best I can. This process of finding the resources on how to meet your specific goals or looking for the right kind of support may help to spur many on to action......so let's get the comments and mind juices flowing!


Elisa

No comments: